Our World Can Be Beautiful

Our outer world is a reflection of our inner world. Take care of our inner world and plant the seeds of goodness & love. All other things will fall into place.

Thursday 13 December 2007

Someone?

Have you ever come across some occasions where you wish that someone could do something to the situation?

A few days ago, while watching a documentary series, they were featuring countries such as Vietnam, Mongolia and other 3rd World countries where the children are being exploited to work in the bricks factories, child prostitution or the rubbish dump to earn a living. I was thinking to myself why can’t someone help these children? In my heart, I was wishing that someone could be there to help them.

At that moment, a thought arises that why can’t that someone be me? It occurs to me that we often wish for things to happen by someone else’s effort and all we do is sit back to “watch the show”. Why can’t we take some actions and be that someone?

Realizing what a bum I am, I look up the internet and happened to find World Vision, a charitable organization actively involved in community projects in these 3rd world countries and they also have a child sponsored program.


While I could not be physically there to help these people, I donated a sum of money to World Vision to support the initiative they are working on. I really admired the real angels who are volunteering their time to help out in these projects. They are the true someone. At this point, I am still not the true someone, but at least I take an action to contribute instead of wishing that someone could do something.

Hopefully, there aren’t many bums like me around. With Christmas just round the corner, it is a good time to open our heart and share our generosity. Why not take some actions and be someone today?

6 comments:

Mark said...

I am sure that you are far from being a "bum"!
There are many ways that each of us can help and change the world.
Very good realization that you had, thanks for the reminder.

lilifxt said...

that is very sweet u really very kind its something i should i follow ....God Bless

Unknown said...

Hi lilifxt... Happiness cannot be found when we seek it for ourselves. But when we give it to others. It will surely find its way back to us. God bless you always. You have a good heart.

Anonymous said...

Very well said. What a great reminder for all of us. I look forward to reading more on your site.

RubyShooZ said...

Thank you for the link and for the wonderful post. I just wanted to add that there are many many good places that we can help others and/but it's good to find out how much of what we give is actually going to the folks who are in need, don't you think?

Peace today and every day.

Patricia Singleton said...

You can always find places near you that you can help out with such as an area soup kitchen or a free clinic or an organization such as CASA which represents children in court cases. If none of those organizations are available, you can send prayers and healing energy and angels.